Configuration Task List
Warning: you must install and configure the Application Suite before being able to configure the single applications.
Please go through the AppSuite Deployment, Main Configuration, and User Management sections before reading on.
Preliminary check list
Since Budget Control relies on Imagicle Call Analytics to calculate the costs of the calls and to the Application Suite environment to monitor the phones and send emails, before adding budgets please check the following:
- Check that global SMTP properties have been setup. When you perform a clean Application Suite setup, a reminder on the login page suggests you to set the SMTP properties. If you performed an upgrade, the SMTP properties should be already set. Just test the connection to the email server as described in the Shared Parameters chapter.
- Ensure that calls are processed by the Call Analytics engine. Log onto the Web interface as administrator and open Imagicle Call Analytics Home page. Make a test call and wait for the call to appear in the call list. If it does not, please refer to the troubleshooting page in Imagicle Call Analytics section of this guide.
- Check that the tariff you use is complete. For the budgets to be effectively calculated, you need complete tariffs. Please run the Call list report in Imagicle Call Analytics web interface and verify that the costs are calculated as expected. If they are not, run the Imagicle Call Analytics Configuration Wizard again and edit the tariff/tariffs you are using.
- Ensure that Call Analytics is enabled for all the users included in the Cost Centers or Departments you want to assign a budget to.
- Since Budget Control connects locally to a web service to monitor the call costs, ensure that you can login as administrator to the web interface and run Imagicle Call Analytics reports. Please check that no antivirus/antimalware or firewall is blocking local TCP communication on the machine.
The following applies only if you want Budget Control to lock the IP phones (Cisco UCM platforms only). Budget Control relies on Phone Lock to lock the users' phone lines.
- Check the Phone Lock license. If you want to be sure that the Ip phones of the users you assigned a budget to will be locked when the budget has been overcome, the Phone Lock license must be equal or greater than the total number of the Application Suite users.
- Make sure the user's phones can be monitored through TAPI and their IP address is known to the Application Suite. You can check that through the Detected Phones and Devices page (Main -> System Parameters -> Ip Telephony system parameters -> Detected Phones and devices). Ensure the relevant phones show the "Detected by AXL" and "Detected by TAPI" flag, and that the IP is available. If not, please go through the TAPI, Device association, and AXL configuration again.
- Starting from Imagicle 2020.Spring.1 release, Phone Lock TAPI engine can selectively lock overlapping extensions upon budget reach, if associated to different partitions and different phone devices. To enable this feature please populate relevant "Partition" field in Imagicle Users' list.
Warning: Budget Control is only compatible with the latest version of Phone Lock, available since Application Suite 2012.12.1. If your Phone Lock is operating in backward compatible mode (which is the default if you upgraded from a previous version), please switch it to the new mode from Phone Lock Manage Service web page.
This article was:
Thank you for your feedback!
|Description and Architecture||Product Configuration|