The first page which is automatically added to each fax is called Cover Page. Its purpose is to display fax information such as the caller number, the called name, and so on.
Using Cover Pages
When the user sends a fax from the web portal or from Jabber client, he/she can choose the name of the cover page to be added before actual fax document, by clicking on a drop-down list in the "Fax Body" section.
When a user sends a fax through email, the cover page file is selected based on the "Fax: cover page name" user field. Enter here the cover page file name without extension.
If this field is blank the default cover page will be used (see below).
Managing Cover Pages
Available cover pages are stored in different folders as cover files (*.cov):
- C:\Program Files (x86)\StonevoiceAS\Settings\Enterprise\Coverpages\ ⇒ Public coverpages
- C:\Program Files (x86)\StonevoiceAS\Settings\Departments\<X>\<dept_name>\Coverpages\ ⇒ Department coverpages, where <X> is the first letter of the department (i.e. StonevoiceAS\Settings\Departments\s\Sales\CoverPages)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\StonevoiceAS\Settings\Users\<X>\<IAS_username>\Coverpages\ ⇒ Personal coverpages, where <X> is the first letter of relevant IAS username (i.e. StonevoiceAS\Settings\Users\m\mary_quant_acme\CoverPages)
Just add cover page files in any of above directories and the users will be able to use them in their faxes.
You can still find some default cover pages in the following system folder:
c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Common Coverpages\
Default cover page
The default cover page while sending faxes from email, from web portal or from Jabber Digital Fax gadget is NOCALLEDNUM.COV. This demo cover page includes an Imagicle logo, as shown in above screenshot.
If required, it is possible to assign a different cover page file as default. This is accomplished by editing the following settings file from Imagicle server's file system:
C:\Program Files (x86)\StonevoiceAS\Apps\Stonefax\Server\System\Stonefax.ini
- Under [Settings] statement, please add or amend (if already existing) the following line:
where <yourcover.COV> is the actual cover file name of your choice.
If you want to disable the cover page, leave empty the value
- Save file
- Restart StoneFax service
Design Your Own Cover Page
You can edit a cover page file by using FXSCOVER.EXE application, available in Imagicle server or in any Windows-based PC.
Warning: the .cov extension may not be associated with the cover editor. If you double click the cover page file and Windows asks you the program to use, you can locate FXSCOVER.exe in Windows\System32 folder. Or run "Windows Fax and Scan" on the Application Suite server.
If you delete all the cover files, the feature will be disabled and the users won't see the drop-down list with the names of the cover pages anymore.
Localized Cover Pages
In a multi language environment you may want the same cover page to be available in different languages and to be selected based on the sender user's language.
- Set the user language prefix in the User Management page
- Prepare one copy of the .cov file for each language in the root cover pages folder
- Name the files like this: <language prefix><underscore><cover page name>.cov
For example: en_urgent.cov, it_urgent.cov
- In the "Fax: cover page name" user field enter the name without prefix. E.g. "urgent.cov"
This article was:
Thank you for your feedback!
|Email-to-Fax Microsoft OAuth2 Authentication||Solution-specific Configuration|