Imagicle Application Suite is a software-only product which you can download from Imagicle web site. The Application Suite is a server product and requires a dedicated virtual machine/physical server connected to the network.
No additional hardware (e.g. cards or adapters) is needed.
The deployment can be either:
- A fully automatic setup package to install (around 750MB) on a MS Windows Server 64 bit physical or virtual machine. The Imagicle Suite runs in 30 days evaluation while installed and can be permanently activated by purchasing the app licenses. Warning - The Application Suite cannot be installed on a domain controller.
- An out of the box Virtual Appliance (about 11 GB) including MS Windows Server 2016 (or MS Windows Server 2012 R2) and the Imagicle suite, to deploy in less than 10 minutes in a VMware ESX environment (ex: Cisco UCS or BE6K or better). Both Microsoft Server OS and Imagicle Suite run in 30 days evaluation and can be permanently activated by purchasing the respective licenses. More info on virtual appliance here: www.imagicle.com/go/vai
The deployment of the Imagicle suite can be directly on Cisco UCS servers (B or C series) and on Cisco BE6K in full co-residency, to provide the lower TCO and the maximum integration, more details on www.imagicle.com/go/ucs.
Regarding the Windows Server operating system licensing options, both Volume licenses and OEM licenses are supported for both the setup package and virtual appliance deployment options.
Please see www.imagicle.com/go/os for more info on the most suitable licensing option.
The Application Suite also requires an e-mail server to send and receive faxes through email, to send voicemail messages, reports, and administrative alerts. You’ll only have to configure an account for POP3/SMTP on your e-mail server.
The Application Suite supports several PBX versions: an up-to-date list of hardware, software, and operating system requirements and compatible platforms is available on the Imagicle web site.
Users credentials and rights
The Imagicle services use the following Windows users in order to run:
- Local System: a Windows standard user
- Network Service: a Windows standard user
“Local System” and “Network Service” are standard users, their properties and rights are not changed by Imagicle package installer.
Local Security Policies
Following the security and system policies needed to run properly the Imagicle services. Normally, these settings are automatically set by the IAS package installer, you don’t need to set them manually.
When the server is joined to a domain, the local security policies are overriden by domain policies. Please double check the local security policies if you join the AppSuite server to a domain (see below). In a Windows domain, a domain administrator right could be required to change them.
The security policies here described can be changed using the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc snap-in).
The following policy should be enabled on Windows 2008 systems:
- Local Computer Policy, Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, User Profiles: “Do not forcefully unload the user registry at user logoff”
- Local Computer Policy, Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Security Options:
“System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing"
Other operating system requirements
- The local Windows Firewall must be switched off
- Windows Defender must be switched off
- The Windows DEP (Data Execution Prevention) must be switched off
Joining the IAS server to an Active Directory Domain
The Imagicle server can be joined to an Active Directory domain (before or after the installation). Ensure that after joining the domain, the policies and user settings described in the previous paragraph are still accomplished, that is, domain policies should not impact on the described Local Security policies, user rights, neither to Local System or Network Service user properties.
Windows Automatic Updates
Since automatic updates could lead to shortage of disk space or to the need to reboot the server, the suggested procedure is:
- Setup the Operating System
- Install the Software Prerequisites
- Run Automatic Updates once
- Disable Windows Update
Later, you can update your server manually any time you want, provided there is direct supervision.
The web interface can be best used with the following browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox (latest version)
- Chrome (latest version) recommended
- Internet Explorer 9
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11 require Application Suite version 2013.7.2 or later.
- Safari (latest version)
- Microsoft Edge (latest version). Requires Application Suite version 2013.7.2 or later.
Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8 are not compatible.
This article was:
Thank you for your feedback!
|Installation Task List||Antivirus Setup|