Applies from Application Suite 2018.1.1
to version Application Suite 201x (any version)
This article describes how to enable the automatic execution of the suite database maintenance, to preserve the DB efficiency.
The maintenance will execute every day at a configurable time. Since the execution could slow down some operations, it is recommended to schedule the execution in the off-peak hours (normally at nigh time).
1) Edit the file StonevoiceAS\Apps\FW\Settings\FW.Watchdog.Service.config.xml and add the following parameters (set the preferred execution time in the 24h format):
<preference key="dbmaintenance.execution.enabled" value="true" />
<!-- Scheduled time of database maintenance operations (HH:mm, i.e. 24H format) -->
<preference key="dbmaintenance.execution.time" value="03:30" />
2) Save the file.
3) From the Windows Services panel restart the service "Imagicle Monitoring", to apply the change.
- The duration of the maintenance operation depends on several factors: amount of stored data, SQL Server performances, date of the last maintenance execution. It can range from a few seconds to some hours for biggest databases. A UCS Suite running a lcoal SQL Express instance usually takes less than 10 minutes.
- In case of high availability configurations with mutiple Imagicle nodes:
- if the database model is shared (all nodes pointing to the same DB), you must enable the DB maintenance on one Imagicle server only (tipically the first one);
- if the database model is replicated, you must schedule the maintenance on all Imagicle servers. The recommendation is to differentiate the execution time of at least 1-2 hours across the different nodes, because the simultaneous execution may raise temporary issues (and alerts) in the DB replication mechanism.