This article is applicable to Imagicle ApplicationSuite 2019.Summer.1 or later and it allows to apply a Proxy configuration to reach Internet addresses, specifically for the following features:
- Imagicle Online License Activation, where you need to reach Imagicle Cloud services at https://api.imagicle.com
- Cloud-based email services, like Office365 or Google mail
You can edit these parameters through the Admin ⇒ System parameters link in the App Suite menu, hitting the Proxy settings button.
You can either enable a HTTP/HTTPS-based proxy server and/or a SOCKS v4/v5 proxy server. In both cases, these are the field to be compiled:
- Address: this is the proxy URL or IP address. This parameter is mandatory
- Port: This is the TCP port used by proxy. If above address is entered, port is mandatory
- Username: the username for proxy authentication (if needed)
- Password: the password for proxy authentication. If above username is entered, password is mandatory
Configuring a proxy directly on the IAS server network settings is discouraged, but if it is needed for some reason (e.g. allow SO Updates), there are 2 options:
- enable it temporarily and then disable it when it is not longer necessary
- enable it and allow all direct communications between IAS server and all other Imagicle cluster nodes (in case of HA installation), the PBX and all other 3rd party elements (e.g. AD/LDAP sources)
In case of HA installation, proxy configuration is not replicated between the Imagicle cluster nodes.
Warning: The IAS must be able to obtain api.imagicle.com SSL certificate and not the proxy certificate, otherwise security checks will fail. The proxy has to act in transparent way, so it has not to do the https "decrypt & scan".
This article was:
Thank you for your feedback!
|Shared Email Parameters||Monitoring|