Secure Communications Certificate
This article is applicable to Imagicle ApplicationSuite 2020.Spring.1 or later and it allows to download the Digital Certificate, required to enable Secure SIP and Secure RDP communications for both Imagicle Call Recording and Queue Manager Enterprise applications.
Loading the Imagicle Certificate on CallManager
When Imagicle Server boots up, it creates a security certificate which is valid for the IAS server on which it was generated. It must be downloaded from the web interface, and loaded onto CuCM.
To get the Imagicle certificate:
- Login to the IAS web interface as Administrator
- Click on Admin ⇒ System Parameters ⇒ Secure communications certificate
- Click on the Download button to download the communal Imagicle digital certificate and save it to your PC. The file extension is .pem.
To load the certificate on CuCM:
- Log on CuCM as Administrator
- Select OS Administration
- From the menu, choose Security, Certificate Management
- Press the "Upload Certificate / Certificate chain" button
- As certificate purpose, choose "Callmanager-trust"
- Enter a description and then select Imagicle certificate from your PC and upload it
- Press "Close" to go back to the certificate list
- Press "Find" to list the certificates. Locate the Imagicle certificate you just uploaded.
- Take note of the certificate Common Name for later use. By default, the certificate Common Name will match the computer name of the machine on which it was generated.
Warning: Changing the Computer Name will invalidate the certificate. If you change the IAS server computer name, you need to regenerate the digital certificate.
Warning: The digital certificate will last 5 years from the day it was generated, which is the day the product was installed. If required, the certificate can be re-generated for additional 5 years, by following this procedure.
This article was:
Thank you for your feedback!