Sync Users with CuCM
Warning: user synchronization is available only for Cisco unified CallManager 7.x and above. You cannot automatically synchronize the users list with CCM 4.x and CuCM 5.x.
Warning: If a Cisco Unified Call Manager rel. 14.x is in place, please update your Imagicle UC Suite to ver. 2021.Summer.3.h4 or above.
The UC Suite Synchronization Service can keep the users list aligned with the CuCM End User directory. Since CuCm in turn supports Synchronization with Active Directory, we can have one of the following cases.
In Scenario 1, CuCm is synchronized with Active Directory. You manage users (add, edit, remove) in Active Directory and changes are propagated through the PBX to the UC Suite. Not all the AD account information is available to the UC Suite, since some properties are not reflected into the CuCm End user directory. The primary extension will be read from CallManager.
In Scenario 2, you manage users through AD. More information is available but it is up to you to ensure that the user's primary extension is stored in AD and that it is consistent with the CuCm data.
In Scenario 3 you manage users only by the CuCm interface, regardless Active Directory users availability.
The CallManager architecture imposes limits on the rate and the size of the queries made by external applications towards the users list. For this reason, user synchronization is performed in two steps.
- Imagicle AXL client service continuously updates a temporary table in the database, containing the list of CUCM users and their details (add Application User in the CUCM configuration to import users)
- When user synchronization is requested (by pressing the Run now button or at the scheduled time) the service actually copies the data from the temporary table to the Application Suite Users list
Since filling the local temporary table can take a long time, if you make changes on the CUCM and press "run now" you won't see the changes for a while.
A user in the UC Suite list is considered to be the same as a CUCM user when the "PBX username" field value is the same as the username in the PBX (i.e. in the end users list of the CUCM).
To properly configure CUCM user synchronization, you have to:
- Check that the CUCM IP addresses and password in IP Telephony system parameters page are correctly set
- Select the data source
- Configure the import rules
To select the Data source connection, use the drop down list on the "Configure Data Source" page.
Configuring Synchronization Rules
The CUCM End User directory does not contain all the information needed to fill the Users profile properties. You have to provide the missing values through the web interface. On the "Configure Data Source" page, select CUCM as the source you want to configure the rules for.
For each field (user property) you have the various choices similar to the ones available for other data sources. Please read the how to synchronize the users list with an external source section.
Three things are worth mentioning.
- The First extension number can be set in the CUCM end user from "Primary Extension" or "Telephone number" fields. The rules allow you to select the source you prefer. Note that only DNs associated with the associated Devices of the User can be selected as primary extension in CUCM end users management web page. You can also import from CUCM a First Extension Number Alias, useful for Call Analytics.
- First Extension Number Alias can be populated with the following four possible CUCM End User's fields:
- Primary Extension
- The email may not be available in CUCM in scenario 3. In this case you can let the synchronization service compose it by the username and domain.
|CCM End User Table Display Name||UC Suite Label||UC Suite Database name||Example Value|
|First Name||First Name||user_nome||John|
|Last Name||Last Name||user_cognome||Smith|
|Office||Office location||user_office_location||London Office|
|Telephone Number/ Primary Extension||First Extension Number*||user_telnum, user_amnum||0123 456 789|
Telephone Number, Primary Extension, pager, mail
|First Extension Number Alias||user_TelNumAlias||JSmith@domain.com|
|Mail ID||Email, "Voicemail Address", "Fax to Email Address"||user_mail, user_voicemailaddr, user_pref_fax_mailinaddr||JSmith@domain.com|
|Mail ID||Single Sign-On Id**||ssoid||JSmith@domain.com|
|User ID||Active Directory username, PBX username, ConvAI Username||userPrincipalName, user_ad (without domain), user_authname, user_ccmname||JSmith|
|(First associated device)||Device Name||-||SEP00FF233CEB6E|
|Department||Recording Group name||-||Sales|
*The First Extension number can be gathered from the Telephone Number or from the Primary Extension number of the first device associated to the user. The Device Name field in the User List can be extracted from the first device associated to the user.
** Starting from Imagicle UC Suite 2022.Winter.1, we can import Single Sign-On User ID from CUCM's Mail field.
*** Starting from Imagicle UC Suite 2021.Summer.1, we can import Site Name from CUCM, to enable overlapping dial plan across multiple gateways or CCMEs.
It is also possible to import the "partition" from CUCM in case of an overlapping dial plan. The procedure to do so is described in this KB article.
This article was:
Thank you for your feedback!
|Syncing Users' Privileges from Imagicle LDAP Module, generic...||Synchronize Users against Cisco Webex Control Hub|