How to move IAS database from local SQL Server Express to an external SQL Server
Steps to move IAS database to another SQL Server instance
Make sure the destination SQL server is the same or higher version of the source SQL server.
- Make sure your SQL is already installed on the destination machine and that you have username and password for it
- Run the "Imagicle Backup and Restore" utility and click on the "Backup" tab
- Set a destination path for the backup and click "Run Backup"
- Once the backup is complete, click on the "Restore" tab
- Click on "Stop All Applications" and confirm
- Wait for a confirmation message, and then close the "Backup and Restore" utility
- Open a command prompt and run: <IAS_INSTALLATION_DIR>\System\BackupRestore.exe /UPGRADE
- Enter the data to access the destination SQL Server instance and click "Connection test"
- if the connection test fails check inserted data and try again
- only if the test passes, click "Next"
- Follow the configuration wizard and wait for it to complete
- Run again the "Imagicle Backup and Restore" utility and click on the "Restore" tab
- Click on "Stop All Applications"
- Choose the path to the backup you created in step 3 and click "Restore Now"
- Confirm the data to access the destination SQL Server instance and click "Next"
- Follow the instructions until the restore procedure is complete
- Reboot the server
This article was:
Thank you for your feedback!
|IAS web page returns error IIS error 500.19 Dynamic Compression...||How to move a SQL database to a new server|