Description and Architecture
Budget Control is an additional module for Imagicle Billing. Imagicle Budget Control allows you to assign a budget to the calls made by users or group of users in a given time range (day, week, month) and receive notifications in case the budget goes beyond the desired limit.
You may also lock the telephone and prevent it from making further calls (Cisco UCM only)
Thanks to Budget Control you can accurately foresee your telco expenses and prevent abuses.
With Imagicle Billing you can accurately monitor your telco expenses; but to prevent a problem is better than solve it later. With Budget Control you can now decide in advance how much to spend.
- Upon reaching the budget limit, a notification email is sent to the user, to a manager or to the administrator
- Budget can be easily managed through the web interface
- The budget is renewed automatically at the end of the period. Residual budget can be cumulated to the next period
- If StoneLock is licensed, the phone can also be automatically locked (Cisco UCM only)
- Tracks and records the budget usage and overcoming. Reports can be exported in Excel and CSV format by the web interface
- Analyse the spending trends by time period and by users group. Create reports on the fly to verify savings. Save personal reports for later usage
The Budget Control module requires a valid Imagicle Billing license. I.e. Imagicle Billing must be correctly licensed and activated on the same machine.
You cannot use or test Budget Control if Imagicle Billing is not working correctly. The phone locking feature is optional and available only for Cisco UCM platforms. If StoneLock is not licensed on the machine, Budget Control simply won't lock the users' phones.
Note: Starting from Imagicle 2020.Spring.1 release, StoneLock TAPI engine can selectively lock overlapping extensions upon budget reach, if associated to different partitions and different phone devices. To enable this feature please populate relevant "Partition" field in Imagicle Users' list.
Imagicle Billing gathers call data from the PBX and calculates the costs.
Budget Control includes a service which connects to Imagicle Billing every ten seconds through Imagicle Billing SOAP api. Every ten seconds, it queries the database for calls belonging to the users to be monitored and sums the costs. For new budgets assignments, it collects and sums all the costs for the selected time range (month or week). Then it collects only the new calls.
When a percentage of the maximum budget is reached, one of the programmed event is fired: notification through email or phone locking.
Phone locking is performed by StoneLock. StoneLock monitors the phone activities through TAPI or by using CURRI-ECC method. A TSP must be installed on the machine as described in the General configuration section.
Budget overcoming events are stored in a table of the main Application Suite database which can be queries through the web interface.
Specific Budget Control reports are available through the web interface.
This article was:
Thank you for your feedback!
|Administration Guide||Configuration Task List|