At the end of the setup the Imagicle Billing wizard will start automatically.
Note: the Wizard can be manually started through the “Configure Imagicle Billing" link from the Imagicle Application Suite program group on the server. This operation is NOT available through the Web interface.
Gateway List Setup
This is the most important configuration step: Imagicle Billing MUST be configured with the gateway list to differentiate internal, incoming and outgoing calls.
Gateways are the VoIP equipment in the Cisco Unified Communications infrastructure able to connect to the PSTN, regardless the interfaces (Analogical, Digital) or the VoIP protocol (H.323, SIP, MGCP, SCCP) activated.
Warning: If a gateway is used in the Cisco Unified Communications infrastructure but not configured in Imagicle Billing, the calls through this gateway will be discarded.
To add more gateways simply run the Configuration Wizard again. Manually start if from the Imagicle Application Suite program group on the server. This operation is NOT available through the Web interface.
In the "Gateway connection" page, press "New gateway".. and enter the following parameters.
The first step is telling Imagicle Billing which is the source of CDR data.
- If the voice gateway is controlled by the CuCM (through h.323, SIP or MGCP) select "Cisco CallManager"
- If you are configuring Imagicle Billing for Cisco unified CallManager Express, or if the gateway is not controller by CuCm, select "Cisco CallManager Express"
- If you bought the Imagicle RemCDR module, select "Cisco CallManager RemCDR (SRST)"
Imagicle RemCDR module is a linux-based virtual machine to be installed in the same geographical location of the gateway. It stores the CDR data generated when a gateway operates in SRST mode and sends them to Imagicle Billing when the connection to the CuCm is restored. Imagicle RemCDR module requires additional license.
Call Acquisition settings for Unified CucM
Enter a description and the IP address of each gateway (). Treat SIP providers as gateways.
- Gateway List: enter a label representing the gateway (see the explanation above) and the IP Address of the voice gateway (this is NOT the CuCM address)
- Data path: leave as suggested. Take note of this folder. You might need it to configure the FTP service later
- Internal Calls: Choose whether to import internal calls or not.
Data Acquisition Settings For Cisco Unified CallManager Express environments
- Gateway description: label representing the gateway
- Max ext. length: enter the length of your internal numbering plan. If the called number of an outgoing call is longer than this number, the call will be considered outgoing or incoming. If the length it is equal or lesser than this number, the call will be considered internal
- Dial Out Code: if a code is used to get PSTN access (e.g. 0), enter the code
- Remove from incoming calls: if a prefix is automatically added to incoming calls calling numbers (e.g. 0), enter the code
- Pabx IP Address: IP Address of the CuCME
- Data path: Enter the path of a folder associated to the FTP service. See below
- Pabx username, password and enable password: Enter the credentials to configure the voice gateway through telnet.
Dial out code – if the Cisco Unified CallManager has been configured with the typical access code for PSTN (0 or 9), Imagicle Billing needs to be aware of this to remove it from called numbers and correctly identify the destination (National, International, Mobile,..). If several access codes are used, please provide the list separated by comma. Do not enter any space.
Remove from incoming calls – if the gateway has been configured to add a prefix to caller numbers on incoming calls for being able to recall them without modification (the prefix added is usually the Dial out code), Imagicle Billing needs to be aware of this to remove the code and correctly identify the caller number (National, International, Mobile,... ). If several access codes are used, please provide the list separated by comma. Do not enter any space.
Data path and FTP folder - The setup program creates ten pre-configured FTP folders called BibCme1, BibCme2... BibCme10. The associated physical data paths are:
C:\Program Files (x86)\StonevoiceAS\Apps\BillyBlues\Engine\ccm_express\1 C:\Program Files (x86)\StonevoiceAS\Apps\BillyBlues\Engine\ccm_express\2 ... C:\Program Files (x86)\StonevoiceAS\Apps\BillyBlues\Engine\ccm_express\10
Ensure that each gateway points to a different data path and that the CuCME sends the CDR files to the related FTP folder.
The Pbx password are used to send the commands that flush the CDR cache when the connection between Imagicle Billing and the CuCME is lost and restored. You can test the commands by pressing the "test connection" button. If a connection error occurs, this message will be displayed: "the pbx does not accept "file-acct fulsh with-close" command".
In this case please check the credentials connecting to the voice gateway by TELNET from the Imagicle Billing server.
Completing PBX connection
Press Finish to return to the Gateway connection page.
- If you are configuring one Cisco Unified CallManager, you only need one entry in this list.
- If you are configuring data acquisition from CallManager Express, you need one entry for each gateway. Click the "New gateway" button to add more gateways.
- If you are configuring a mixed environment (e.g. CuCM plus separate gateways not managed by the CuCm), you need one entry for the CuCm plus one entry for each independent gateway.
When you're done click on ‘Next’ button to move forward with the wizard.
Warning: on some slow machine a short pause may occur before the next configuration page appears.
The wizard tries to connect to a SQL Server database to setup and configure the needed tables.
Note: Microsoft SQL Database Express or Standard edition is needed on the local or a remote machine.
The parameters required are:
- SQL Server found: insert the Microsoft SQL Server address if different from the Local Computer, i.e. installed on a remote server
Administrator: insert SQL Server username and password of a user with the privileges of adding a new database and manage tables. Click on Connection test to check the connection with the Database.
Note: Username and Password automatically configured by the Prerequisites package for local SQL Server express are: sa / (for SQL Instance IMAGICLE: SvBillyBlues$ for SQL Instance IMAGICLE2017: SvB1llyBlues$)
Click on ‘Next’ button to move forward with the wizard.
In the next step the Wizard will try to access the database, create tables and needed elements.
Every operation is listed with the related Status:
operation with non blocking problem but needing further verification. Click on the table row to view the message details.
It is normal to have warnings when running the Wizard over an existing database installation. On the contrary, on Imagicle Billing first setup all the icons should turn green.
Click on the ‘Next’ button to move forward with the wizard.
Email Server Setup
The email server configuration allows Imagicle Billing to send reports and alarms via email.
You can skip the configuration by selecting “Do not activate sending of statistics and alarms via e-mail” and accessing to the Email server configuration later through the Web interface.
The parameters to be entered in the form are:
- E-mail: this is cosmetic. The email "from" address configured for sending the reports and alarms
- SMTP Server: the email server UNC name/IP address
Select “Activate authentication for sending e-mails” if the STMP server requires authentication and insert a valid account (user and password).
Click on “Account settings test” to test the connection to the STMP server and send a test email.
Click on ‘Next’ button to move forward with the wizard.
Importing Data (Blue's Miner Configuration)
After having added/configured the Gateways, it is needed to move forward with the data importation and tariff configuration for EACH gateway (Gateway setup).
Click on ‘Enable’ button to move forward with the Gateway setup wizard.
- Name of site: this information will be written in Imagicle Billing reports
- Import from: leave the default value
- Import every: number of seconds Blue's Miner remains idle when no call is coming from the pbx. An higher value means less CPU load. 30 seconds is a good compromise between efficiency and machine load.
On the next step Imagicle Billing will try to detect the connection between Imagicle Billing and this gateway. If some CDR are available, it will analyse them and propose a solution. If this is not possible, please select the connection type manually.
- CallManager: if this gateway is controlled by CuCm through SIP/h.323/MGCP
- CallManager (Call Forwarded on calling): the same as CallManager, but incoming diverted calls are billed to the calling number (see below)
- CallManager (with partition): if your CuCM has an overlapping numbering plan. Set the partition information on the users profile accordingly
- CallManager Express: if the gateway is not controlled by the CuCm and the CDR come directly from the gateway
- CallManager RemCDR (SRST): if you bought the RemCDR module
Billing diverted calls
With the standard CuCm driver, the cost of the calls diverted to external numbers are associated to the extension on which the diversion/forwarding is enabled. The Call Forwarded on calling driver associates the cost the the calling number.
Example: John has the extension 301 and deviates all the calls to his mobile number 3334445556. Then Giuseppe (777888999) calls 301 and talks for two minutes. The standard driver would report a call from 301 to 3334445556. The special driver would report a call from Giuseppe (777888999) to John's mobile 3334445556.
Click on ‘Next’ button to move forward with the wizard.
Confirm the Ip address and the prefixes to be removed from calling number for incoming or outoging calls (see above).
Reporting Internal Calls
Imagicle Billing supports reporting for internal calls (between extensions on same or different sites). If you need processing calls and producing reports for internal calls, select “Import internal calls” and make sure the list of available voice gateways is complete to correctly identify internal calls.
Note: Importing internal calls will stress the SQL database. If your organization generates has a lot of call traffic or has a large number of internal extensions, it is recommended using a commercial SQL server edition installed on another server. See the Hardware and Software Requirements tab on Imagicle Billing product page for details.
If you enable internal calls, please ensure that all the IP addresses of all the gateways controlled by Cisco CallManager are listed.
Note: This option is not meaningful for CallManager Express. The CallManager express distinguishes internal and external calls by the numbering plan length
Country and area
Fill the information about country, local area, time zone, currency and vat for the region in which the gateway is located.
When configuring a site, you can choose to adopt the local country currency or the same currency of the main site.
With the next steps it is possible to configure the tariff for outgoing calls through the gateway.
To create a tariff customized on the customer's needs, select one of the available tariffs, click "duplicate", select the copy and click "modify". Then move the new tariff to the right list to activate it.
If you selected more than one carrier, you must tell Imagicle Billing from which one to pick up the tariff based on the call classification. If you want to compare the costs with another carrier, select it from the list. In the "Calculation Table (LCR)" dialog, select the Simplified mode and choose the carrier to be associated to each call type (Local, Long distance..). The costs will be stored in the "Cost2" field of the calls table in the database and will be available to the reports. Specific cost analysis reports are available in the web interface.
Completing the configuration
After the having enabled and configured each gateway, click next and review your choices. The changes will be saved and the application updated. This can take several minutes, depending on the number of gateways and users in the system.
Note: the Wizard can be manually started through the “Configuration Wizard” link from the Imagicle Application Suite program group on the server. This operation is NOT available through the Web interface
Next steps are based on the Web interface provided by the Imagicle Application Suite, providing a user friendly access for recurrent operations.
This article was:
Thank you for your feedback!
|Users list and extensions||Product Administration|